Administrative Assistant for Development
The Administrative Assistant for Development position will have primary responsibility for administrative and operational support to U.S.-Japan Council (USJC) development activities. This position is in the Washington, DC headquarters’ office. This position will provide direct support to the Director of Partnerships & Development and to executive staff working on development areas. The Administrative Assistant for Development will interface with donors and related stakeholders. The position reports to the Director of Partnerships & Development and works in collaboration with staff in the USJC (Japan) office in Tokyo. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Administrative and Development-related Activities:
- Maintain donor database, keep accurate records and ensure timely acknowledgement of contributions. Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure monthly reconciliation of donor contributions. Support the creation ongoing fundraising reports.
- Provide information for the creation of development-related materials including website information, invitations, donor recognition, donor thank you letters and annual reports.
- Track and meet grant submission and reporting deadlines in conjunction with USJC Finance Department and Program Staff.
- Coordinate the gathering of information (budgets, materials, evaluation reports, etc.) to support contribution requests and reporting to donors.
- Assist in organizing other events (public and by-invitation) to help promote USJC as appropriate.
- Support the Board of Directors Development Committee.
- Assist in maintaining donor relationships through keeping donors updated on key USJC and TOMODACHI activities and programs.
- Identify, qualify and prioritize potential funders for specific programmatic initiatives. Compile background information and research on potential donors.
- Support as required front-desk activities including welcoming visitors, distributing correspondence, redirecting calls and performing general administrative and office support.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task as necessary or requested.
- Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the general public and donors.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with confidential, sensitive information.
- Experience in development-related support is preferable.
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing and development support preferable.
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s mission and ability to present, inform and motivate individuals and groups about organizational mission and programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English required. Some ability in Japanese language is strongly preferred.
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher-level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases. Salesforce experience preferred.
To apply, please send CV (resume) and cover letter to: email@example.com, subject line, "Administrative Assistant for Development." Applications will be reviewed upon submission, with the intention to hire as soon as possible.
The U.S.-Japan Council is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.