The Development Coordinator position will have primary responsibility for administrative and operational support to U.S.-Japan Council development activities. This position is in the Washington, D.C. headquarters’ office, and provides direct support to the Director of Partnerships & Development and to the President. Administrative office support is also given as assigned. The Development Coordinator will interface with donors and related stakeholders. The position reports to the Director of Development. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Development Coordination Activities:
- Work with Director of Partnerships & Development and the President to implement development strategies to achieve annual development goals for USJC (US), USJC (Japan), TOMODACHI, and the Silicon Valley-Japan Project. Work in collaboration with staff in the USJC (Japan) office in Tokyo.
- Maintain donor database, record-keeping and ensure timely acknowledgement of contributions. Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure monthly reconciliation of donor contributions. Support the creation of ongoing fundraising reports.
- Provide information for the creation of development-related materials including website information, invitations, donor recognition, donor thank you letters and annual reports.
- Track and meet grant submission and reporting deadlines in conjunction with USJC Finance Department and Program Staff.
- Coordinate the gathering of information (budgets, materials, evaluation reports, etc.) to support contribution requests and reporting.
- Track the fulfillment of grants with program staff and serve as an ongoing liaison to donors.
- Work with the staff team to implement events to support development (e.g., donor receptions and donor dinners).
- Assist in organizing other events (public and by-invitation) to help promote USJC as appropriate.
- Support the Board of Directors Development Committee.
- Assist in maintaining donor relationships by keeping donors updated on key USJC and TOMODACHI activities and programs.
- Identify, qualify and prioritize potential funders for specific programmatic initiatives.
- Compile background information and research on potential donors.
- Provide general administrative and office support as assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the general public and donors.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities and ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task as necessary or requested.
- Experience in development-related support is preferable.
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing and development support preferable.
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s mission and ability to present, inform and motivate individuals and groups about organizational mission and programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English required. Some ability in Japanese language is strongly preferred.
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher-level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases such as Salesforce.
To apply, please send CV (resume) and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line "Development Coordinator." Review of applications will begin June 18, 2018.
The U.S.-Japan Council is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.