USJC is seeking a full-time Executive Director for the Council's newest initiative, the Silicon Valley Japan Platform (SVJP). The Executive Director position will have primary responsibility for administrative and operational support to USJC’s Silicon Valley Project, including: office management; executive and organizational support for the Executive Director, Chairman and Executive Committee, SVJP; and general administrative support duties. Travel, especially between Japan and Silicon Valley, is expected.
Administration: Oversight & Operation of Silicon Valley Japan Platform (SVJP):
- Maintain communication with the SVJP Executive Leadership to ensure regular information of project details.
- Liaison with the President of USJC and President of REJIF to ensure sponsor organizations are informed of SVJP activities and when appropriate effective coordination of related activities.
- Ensure Scheduling of Executive Committee meetings, Annual Retreats, & Conferences Council of Senior Advisors & Distinguished Fellows.
- Formulate and implement multiyear strategic plan for SVJP with the SVJP EC and consultation with USJC & RJIF.
- Assess human resource and financial needs and propose adjustments as needed.
- Articulate selection criteria for Japanese & SV companies with which SVJP will collaborate.
For a full list of responsibilities, please view the job announcement.
How to Apply
Candidates should provide a cover letter, resume and 2-3 professional references to email@example.com. Candidates must submit all necessary information and documents. Successful candidates will be requested back for a phone or in-person interview. Review of applications will begin January 18, 2016.
Annual salary will be dependent on experience. The U.S.-Japan Council does not sponsor visas to work in the United States or fund relocation. The U.S.-Japan Council is an equal opportunity employer.