Delegates of the Asian American Leadership Delegation were featured in a series of interviews, in which they shared their thoughts on how the coronavirus pandemic, Black Lives Matter demonstrations and other current events have affected their local districts. These interviews were moderated by Council Leader and Director at the National Asian Pacific American Caucus of State Legislatures Irene Kawanabe. The interviews are available for viewing online and can be found at the links below.
- Representative Chris Chyung (Indiana)
- Representative Nima Kulkarni (Kentucky)
- Representative Fue Lee (Minnesota)
- Assemblywoman Rochelle Nguyen (Nevada)
- Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou (New York)
- Representative My-Linh Thai (Washington)
- Representative Kyle Yamashita (Hawaii)
- Representative Mike Yin (Wyoming)
The Asian American Leadership Delegation (AALD) program provides the opportunity for a select group of Asian American leaders from across the U.S. to travel to Japan to engage with Japanese leaders in the business, government, academic, and nonprofit sectors. The program is co-organized by The Sasakawa Peace Foundation and supported by The National Asian Pacific American Caucus of State Legislators.