The TOMODACHI Initiative, a public-private partnership between the U.S.-Japan Council and the U.S Embassy Tokyo, is seeking qualified interns on a part-time or full-time basis.
The TOMODACHI Initiative’s internship program offers outstanding opportunities for college students, graduate students, and graduates who are interested in U.S.-Japan relations.
An intern’s duties generally consist of program and event coordination and support, website/social media support, organization and attendance at special events, student outreach and communication, writing and translation (as able). Duties may be tailored to the intern’s interests. All internships are unpaid.
Interns will work with individuals from the U.S.-Japan Council, the U.S. Embassy and other key TOMODACHI team members.
- Ability to speak, read and write in Japanese and English
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work for a minimum of twice a week for three months
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Interest in U.S-Japan relations
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, social media skills
Please send your cover letter and resume (in English) to [email protected].