Date: Thursday, October 27, 2022
Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Members Reception to Follow
Where: Cerulean Tower Ballroom
Registration: This event is for members only. If you have not received an invitation or need more information, please contact Wendy Abe at [email protected].
Members of the U.S.-Japan Council are invited to join us for the Members Forum on October 27, 2022. This event will highlight a range of voices within the USJC community. Attendees will hear from USJC leadership who will share future plans for USJC’s future. Participants will have the opportunity to hear from several member-led programs, and end the day with networking at the members reception.
- Welcome Remarks from USJC Leadership
- Voices of USJC Members
- Shin-Issei Affinity Group
- Engagement Committee
- Emerging Leaders Program / ELP50
- Japanese American Storytelling Program
- Board Updates
- Closing Remarks
- Members Reception in Foyer
Speakers (Subject to Change)
- Darin Arita – Japan Region Co-Chair; SVP and Chief Financial Officer International Business, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Suzanne Basalla – President & CEO, U.S.-Japan Council
- Yuga Cohler – Emerging Leaders Program Steering Committee Member and Communications Subcommittee Lead, ELP50 Planning Committee Member; Engineering Lead, Coinbase
- Royanne K. Doi – Former Representative Director, USJC (Japan) Board of Directors; Corporate Governance Specialist
- Tim Higashide – Co-Chair U40 Summit; Director of Business Operations, Sakura Square LLC
- Fred Katayama – Executive Vice President, U.S.-Japan Council
- Kathy Matsui – Chair, USJC (Japan) Board of Councilors; General Partner, MPower Partners
- Josh Morey – Nominating and Governance Committee Chair, USJC Board of Directors; President, The J. Morey Company, Inc.
- Susan Morita – Vice Chair, USJC Board of Directors; Senior Counsel, Arnold & Porter
- Patrick Newell – Committee Leader, Japanese American Storytelling Program; Vision Navigator, 21 Foundation
- Erika Ninoyu – Chair, Emerging Leaders Program Steering Committee; Senior Legislative Assistant, Congresswoman Barbara Lee
- Niki Robins – U40 Summit Planning Committee Member; Co-Founder & Content Director, Spectacle Marketing
- Brent Sabati – U40 Summit Planning Committee Member; Digital Curriculum Coordinator, Ent Credit Union
- Scott Sato – USJC Board Member & 2022 Annual Conference Host Committee Chair; CEO, Tricor Japan (Master of Ceremony)
- Ichiro Sekimitsu – Shin-Issei Affinity Group Founding Steering Committee Member; Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Central Pacific Bank
- Steve Sugino – Committee Leader, Japanese American Storytelling Program; President and Representative Director, Amgen K.K.
- Henry Seiichi Takada -Chair, USJC (Japan) Board of DIrectors; Representative Director, SynTech Japan Co., Ltd
- Masami Tyson – Shin-Issei Affinity Group Founding Steering Committee Chair; Partner Attorney, Womble Bond Dickinson LLP
- Amy Watanabe – Vice Chair, Emerging Leaders Program Steering Committee; Managing Director, Client Services, Nakatomi & Associates
- Paul Yonamine – Chairman, USJC Board of Directors; Executive Chairman, Central Pacific Bank