Power of One, Impact of Many
October 5th-6th, 2012 in Seattle, Washington
The 2012 Annual Conference invited participants to discover the power of people in U.S.-Japan relations. More than 360 attendees contributed to discussion about new and innovative ways that the U.S. and Japan can work together in all sectors of society, and learned about the important role that business and social innovation plays in the recovery process.With the goal of transitioning short term-interests and projects into long-term strategic partnerships, the 2012 Annual Conference:
- Capitalized on the current momentum in U.S.-Japan relations to continue building an integrated and vibrant U.S.-Japan relationship.
- Reinforced the importance of engaging one’s networks and building people-to-people relationships.
- Highlighted the unique and catalytic role that Japanese Americans play in strengthening U.S.-Japan relations.
- Acting Secretary Rebecca M. Blank, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Mr. Raymond L. Conner, Executive Vice President, The Boeing Company; President & CEO, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Mr. Takeshi Niinami, CEO, Lawson Inc.
- Ms. Phyllis Campbell, Chairman, Pacific Northwest Region, JPMorgan Chase&Co.
- Mr. Junichi Ihara, Director-General of North American Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MoFA)
- Senator Daniel K. Inouye, Senate President Pro Tempore and U.S. Senator (HI)
- Secretary Norman Y. Mineta, President & CEO, Mineta & Associates, LLC; Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation; Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce
Photos & Videos
Photos from the 2012 Annual Conference and Annual Members Meeting are now available. Click here to view the collection.
Videos from the 2012 Annual Conference are now available. Click here to visit our YouTube channel.
The 2012 U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference was made possible by our generous sponsors. Many of the sponsors traveled to Seattle and participated in the conference.