2003 Japanese American Leadership Delegation
The third Japanese American Leadership Delegation traveled to Japan on March 7th –March 14th, 2003. The delegation visited Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo. Highlights of the trip included meetings with high-level Japanese leaders including government officials, parliamentarians and business executives.
The 2003 delegates represented the cities of Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Jose and diverse professions including state and city government, law, law enforcement, community affairs and social services.
The 2003 symposium, “Contemporary Society and Civil Society in the United States: Through the Eyes of the Japanese American Community” was sponsored by the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership and the Japanese American National Museum and coordinated by Dr. Yasuko Takezawa of Kyoto University and Irene Hirano Inouye. It featured delegates Dale Minami, Paula Nakayama, Kip Tokuda and Robin Toma. They were joined by Japanese panelists Yasuo Sakata of Osaka Gakuin University and Hideo Yamagishi of NPO Support Center Japan.
- Dale Minami, Northern California
- Paula A. Nakayama, Hawaii
- Scott Y. Nishimoto, Hawaii
- Wendy Sakai Notsinneh, Northern California
- Sandra L. Sakamoto, Southern California
- Bill H. Seki, Southern California
- Paul K. Tanaka, Southern California
- Kip Tokuda, Washington
- Robin Toma, Southern California
- Karen Yamamoto, Northern California